What is Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking allows anyone with an Online Banking account to access their account information from a mobile phone. Mobile Banking offers two ways to access your accounts:
- Use a mobile browser on your phone.
- Download an application to your phone.
You can choose either of these options, depending on the capabilities of your mobile phone. You can also receive text alerts on your phone.
Mobile Browser Service
You can use the mobile browser service to:
- Check your account balances.
- Review recent account activity.
- Transfer money between accounts.
- Pay bills.
- Change and cancel pending payments.
- Find ATM and branch locations.
- View your eStatements
Is Mobile Banking secure?
To ensure the safety and privacy of your account information, we provide some key security features in Mobile Banking:
- Authentication — You are authenticated for every interaction with Mobile Banking.
- Encryption — We use 128-bit encryption for all transactions.
- Fraud Detection — We incorporate mechanisms such as transaction validation and transaction reconciliation processes to detect fraud.
- Auditability — We provide full audit capabilities through event logs and event-based reporting.
- No Identifiable Information — We don’t return any personally identifiable information in a text message, such as your full account number, e-mail address, or personal address. We never ask for or include your user ID or password in any message we send.
Is my personal or financial information stored on my phone?
No. We don’t save any files with your personal or financial information on your phone. That information stays strictly within Online Banking.
Are there fees to use Mobile Banking?
We don’t charge fees to access or use Mobile Banking. You should contact your mobile service carrier for information about fees associated with sending or receiving text messages or accessing the Internet from your mobile phone.
How current is the account and transaction information?
When you view your account balance, you see both the current and available balance. When you view transaction history, you see the most recently posted transactions.
Can I use my fingerprint or facial recognition to open the app?
Fingerprint authentication works for both Apple and Android devices. Facial recognition works on iPhone currently, and we are working on enabling Android facial recognition. Please note that if there are other people's fingerprints stored in your phone, any of those would be able to open your Winchester Savings app, if enabled.
What should I do if I sell my phone, recycle my phone or give my phone to someone else?
If you sell your phone, recycle your phone or give your phone to someone else, you should reset the phone to factory defaults which is easily done within the phone system options. This process will remove any encrypted data. Uninstalling the application will also remove any encrypted data.
How does Mobile Deposit work?
Mobile Deposit requires a smart phone. If you already use the WSB Mobile App, launch the App and log in. Then select "Deposits" from the menu. From there you will key in the amount of the deposit, and take a photo of the front and back of the check. That's it!
What types of checks can be processed through Mobile Deposit?
Most personal and business checks made payable to you can be processed through Mobile Deposit.
What types of checks cannot be processed through Mobile Deposit?
- Checks or items payable to any person or entity other than you
- Travelers checks
- Money Orders
- Checks drawn on a home equity line of credit
- Checks or items containing alterations to any of the fields on the front of the check
- Checks or items drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States
- Checks or items not payable in United States currency
How should I endorse the check?
The check must be endorsed with “for Mobile Deposit at Winchester Savings Bank” and must be signed by the payee.
When can I make a mobile deposit to Winchester Savings Bank?
You can transmit mobile deposits to Winchester Savings Bank 24‐hours a day, 7‐days a week including weekends and holidays, with the exception of our routine maintenance downtime.
When will deposits be credited into my account?
Checks deposited before 4 p.m. on a business day are generally credited to your account the next business day.
Is there a limit to the number of checks or the dollar amount that I can deposit?
You may deposit one check per deposit. The total deposit amount you can deposit in one business day is $5,000. Business days are Monday through Friday. Deposits made after cutoff on Friday, on the weekend, and on Monday are combined and limited to a total of $5,000 for the three days.
What should I do with the original paper checks after deposits are made?
Keep the checks in a secure location for at least fifteen (15) days. After that time, you should shred them. Destroying the checks will eliminate the chance of them being inadvertently deposited twice.
How do I know the image quality is acceptable?
The software has an Image Quality Assessment (IQA) tool that automatically identifies problems with the check image. If a problem is detected, you'll be asked to retake the photo.
What type of account can I deposit to?
Checking, Savings, and Money Market accounts can accept Mobile Deposits.
How secure is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is very secure. It features multiple layers of security, giving your account and check data the highest level of safety available.